History

 

Our school is named after the Hunloke family who resided in Wingerworth from the late 1500’s through to the early 1900’s.  The Hunloke family were responsible for building Wingerworth Hall (pictured below) in the 1720’s which was sadly demolished in the early 1900’s.  Our school is sited opposite the original stables to Wingerworth Hall and the Parish Church.

 

Hunloke Park Primary School was built in the mid 1960's and has remained at the heart of the community since that time.  Following a major fire in 2006, two thirds of the school had to be rebuilt and since then, the school has continued to grow and flourish.  There are currently 212 children on roll.